Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Working on the Motorcycle

So today I got the engine guard I had ordered on amazon shipped to me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031BS53E/ (Baron Custom Accessories Chrome Engine Guards BA-7162-00)

Of course, I had to get it on today. Unboxed the product and got help from one of my coworkers to put it on. The installation was pretty simple, on the frame, there's two spots where reflectors are mounted. Mine had only one of the reflectors; anyhow, took it out. Also unbolted the upper Engine mount bolt.

The lower connections went to the upper engine block mount point. Installed this using the new blot that shipped with the product. (The nut on the other hand was reused). One I had this done, screwed on the nut not too tight to allow to position the upper connections to the frame.

Positioning the upper connections took a hell of a lot of time since we had to wiggle it quite a bit to get it into the right place - Maybe because I was doing it in bad lighting? Anyhow, had that too done, and then used locktite and tightened everything up - pretty simple.

I had also installed the passenger seat backrest affectionately called "sissy bar" by motorcyclists, sometime last Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment